Forum › FAQ, Help, & Suggestions (2022-)

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

I may have said this before, but what if there were tags for Shonen, Seinen, Shojo, and Josei?
That way if someone has a preference for manga in a specific demographic, it's easier for them to narrow it down.

Img_20230215_191217407jun%202%20(1)%20(1)
joined Apr 6, 2023

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the thread for that, but could I request to swap page 017 from this doujin: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_keeper_of_the_stars#17

For this one:https://www.mediafire.com/file/6j4l5u4c7hw068s/017.png/file
?

I realized I made a huge mistake with the translation, and I really wish to get it fixed.
Thank you very much in advance!

Hello, please help me delete my account. As of now it still shows up in search engine so I need help on the admins' end. I apologize for posting in the wrong place before. Thank you and take care.

last edited at Apr 21, 2024 10:43PM by

Yuuparu%20cuddle
joined Apr 7, 2013

When uploading a single piece of fan art to Images, should the Link box lead directly to the full-sized version of the artwork, or just to the page containing the artwork?

-vmfsod
joined Feb 28, 2016

i don't know if this is the right thread to ask but…

i’m having a hard time reading here lately. loading next pages is super slow, and sometimes even stuck on loading. even refreshing page multiple times does nothing. i’m using brave browser and my internet is not slow. any suggestions?

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

I have felt for a while there should be an option to load all the pages so you can scroll vertically, but I don't know how difficult that is to implement.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Happylemons posted:

i’m having a hard time reading here lately. loading next pages is super slow, and sometimes even stuck on loading. even refreshing page multiple times does nothing. i’m using brave browser and my internet is not slow. any suggestions?

Hello! Yes, this is the place. There was a big server update today to address speed issues. There will be further improvements for chapters specifically taking place in the next ~72 hours. I'd love to hear back from you in a few days if things are still running sluggishly or if your times have improved!

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Mr. Zilla posted:

I have felt for a while there should be an option to load all the pages so you can scroll vertically, but I don't know how difficult that is to implement.

The "load all images at once" idea was previously discounted for performance reasons. That may change in the future. A separate "load as-needed" vertical viewing option is planned in the future.

Hoshimi99 posted:

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the thread for that, but could I request to swap page 017 from this doujin: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_keeper_of_the_stars#17

For this one:https://www.mediafire.com/file/6j4l5u4c7hw068s/017.png/file
?

I realized I made a huge mistake with the translation, and I really wish to get it fixed.
Thank you very much in advance!

This was taken care of!

colboh posted:

When uploading a single piece of fan art to Images, should the Link box lead directly to the full-sized version of the artwork, or just to the page containing the artwork?

Preferably the page itself, but if that's not plausible for whatever reason, a direct link to the image itself is fine too.

G
joined Jan 12, 2021

On mobile (phone specifically, not tablet), when I'm reading a chapter, the numbers for each page are not displayed on the left. I can only tap on the sides of the image to either go to the very next or last page. Is it possible to add those numbers back, even if it needs to be below the image? Sometimes I want to quickly jump back to an earlier page to recall something or for whatever other reason.

Also, do you think there should be a report feature for forum comments?

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Those two points are in our long list of wants for changes to the site, but we have no time frame for when that will happen.

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Happylemons posted:

Hello! Yes, this is the place. There was a big server update today to address speed issues. There will be further improvements for chapters specifically taking place in the next ~72 hours. I'd love to hear back from you in a few days if things are still running sluggishly or if your times have improved!

Aah, everything is so fast and snappy now, am falling in love with DS all over again!
Many thanks to everyone that made this happen, everything old is new again (well, except me)!

Fool!
joined Sep 29, 2023

This is a pretty niche problem, I imagine, but it's hopefully worth reporting. I use a pretty old tablet (a 10-year-old third-gen iPad) to read on, most of the time, and yesterday morning, it worked fine. Yesterday evening, not so much. I can see the cover/preview image for a series, and the thumbnails for associated images, but if I open a chapter or click on a thumbnail, I just get a blank box with a page number like "1" or an image id like "namename1207-img." I know losing compatibility comes with using ancient tech, but I'm hoping this won't be a permanent sadness.

Casusby Admin
__mioda_ibuki_danganronpa_and_super_danganronpa_2_drawn_by_qosic__sample
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

This is a pretty niche problem, I imagine, but it's hopefully worth reporting. I use a pretty old tablet (a 10-year-old third-gen iPad) to read on, most of the time, and yesterday morning, it worked fine. Yesterday evening, not so much. I can see the cover/preview image for a series, and the thumbnails for associated images, but if I open a chapter or click on a thumbnail, I just get a blank box with a page number like "1" or an image id like "namename1207-img." I know losing compatibility comes with using ancient tech, but I'm hoping this won't be a permanent sadness.

Images and chapter pages have been converted to webp, which means breaking compatibility with iOS users using OS versions pre-2020/version 14
As of right now, we have no solution for you, sorry.

Fool!
joined Sep 29, 2023

Images and chapter pages have been converted to webp, which means breaking compatibility with iOS users using OS versions pre-2020/version 14

Poooooop. That's gonna cut down on my breakfast-table reading! :P

joined Apr 10, 2021

If you suggest a picture and it doesn't go up, is there any reason or permission to try again, like if a different person makes the decision or if it's a slower day and there's less options or whatever.

Like, I assume not, but if people blatantly post their picture suggestions 10 times and don't get banned I wanna know.

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018
joined Jan 14, 2020

I've never used an iPad. What's the bottleneck? Can you install a new version of Firefox or Chrome?

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

I have a suggestion about the Posts by pages:
They show the day, month, and time, but no year for each post.

I think adding the year would be useful if possible?

joined May 24, 2021

I don't see difference in reading, but why the images? It's a total shit. What's the point of having images if you can't save them?

To reply you must either login or sign up.