Forum › Posts by fauce

joined Aug 21, 2017

It's like a comedic version of Gunjo

Exactly what I was thinking.

I'm sure there's a pun in here somewhere...

fauce
Happy Sepia discussion 15 May 19:01
joined Aug 21, 2017

Well, that was fun. Thanks for scanlating.

joined Aug 21, 2017

I FUCKING LOVE SUPPORTIVE RELATIONSHIPS
I WANT TO FUCKING SEE CHARACTERS LIFT EACH OTHER UP EMOTIONALLY

joined Aug 21, 2017

Heroine as the straight man is pretty funny

fauce
joined Aug 21, 2017

YOUNGER BROTHER?

joined Aug 21, 2017

This has strong "Chainmail bikinis are so unrealistic!" "In my story the blacksmith's guild is full of misogynistic perverts" type energy

fauce
Happy Sepia discussion 02 May 22:38
joined Aug 21, 2017

I'm happy they acknowledged that she had to sleep somewhere.

Anyway, Minami really went "Gotta lock in"

joined Aug 21, 2017

In an anthology of good stories, this one definitely pulls its weight. I feel like the three blind men touching an elephant, with each story revealing a little more about, I suppose, the lived experience of marriage in each setting.

fauce
joined Aug 21, 2017

Inflation

fauce
joined Aug 21, 2017

At this point, Meguru doesn't need an older sister, she needs a good therapist...

Imagine if we had a Needs Therapy tag

fauce
Happy Sepia discussion 24 Apr 00:18
joined Aug 21, 2017

I like the chapter, but where is she going to sleep after time traveling?

joined Aug 21, 2017

Happy ending?

joined Aug 21, 2017

This is here, nice.
Also, how many Comedy manga can claim they have a "bone disposing" arc? Not many, I'd imagine.

fauce
joined Aug 21, 2017

Stories about witches are fun! Choosing not to read her mind is very cute.

Very clever credits page too, and "chat is this real" made me laugh IRL.

joined Aug 21, 2017

Incredible Reversal. The haunted doll being grabbed by the shadowy figure of Akari, keeping her from passing on. Horror and comedy really are separated by a silver lining.

joined Aug 21, 2017

So we've gone from The Ring to Weekend at Bernie's, huh.

Literally laughed out loud at this comment!

fr. was gonna post something like "eyes got a little watery" but this comment made me burst out laughing.

joined Aug 21, 2017

"I don't want a stepmom!" lmao

joined Aug 21, 2017

This entire first chapter was a roller coaster.

joined Aug 21, 2017

Absolutely GOATed recap. A little detail I like a lot is that Michi is really good at soccer (ch. 8), which makes her quick refusal to join the soccer club stand out even more.

joined Aug 21, 2017

sus

joined Aug 21, 2017

The art is great. It feels crisp.

joined Aug 21, 2017

I don't really understand the last few pages. What does Yura (?) mean on page 41 when she tells Koma that "she's not her problem" and "she's being looked down on". Why is she calling her a coward when the train doors are closing ?

Koma and Yura are childhood friends, but Yura didn't get into the same high school as Koma, and is bullied by her new classmates, with no one to stand up for her. The bullying gets worse and worse, to the point where Yura stutters more and more and can no longer attend school. Yura sends increasingly frantic signals to Koma that she needs urgent help throughout the year, but Koma is too comfortable with her own legitimately good high school life to intervene. Instead of helping her friend with her problems, she just wants them to go away on their own, while simultaneously bottling up her feelings for Yura. In the end, Yura basically says, come with me or I will drown myself, and Koma is still unable to bring herself to reach out to her, because even acknowledging that her friend is suicidal would demolish any illusion of a proper high school life she wants so badly. The seawater IMO represents Koma's feeling of helplessness, rather than outright depression.

It's quite a common story, unfortunately. For example, a lot of folks don't accept that climate change is real and think that if they believe in the good old ways hard enough, all the excess CO2 will just go away on its own. I believe that climate change comparison was very much intended by the author, or they wouldn't chosen to highlight that particular end of the world scenario in the opening scene.

Thanks for the explanation, the climate change angle is very interesting.

joined Aug 21, 2017

"Why?" Holy hell that's intense lmao

fauce
Flavorful discussion 13 Mar 19:10
joined Aug 21, 2017

Rare keikaku meme sighted in the wild!

joined Aug 21, 2017

This manga honestly gives me the same vibes as a crime drama. Every chapter reveals more connections and even more questions.