Forum › Posts by b58

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Senpai is bait and it's never happening, that would be the funniest trolling at least and we know author is capable of it

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

are scanlators really protective of where their translations end up or something?

It's not that. From what I've seen dynasty sticks to only one scanlator for a manga.

I don't think it's really true, plenty of cases where active translator group switched and it was reflected on dynasty - it's more that on dynasty there is some sort of nebulous submission and vetting process (I never bothered to learn how that works :P) while on mangadex literally anyone could upload a translation to anything.

Personally I think that last chapter should be here, quality seems perfectly fine to me.

last edited at May 28, 2024 5:45PM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Predicting anything in this manga is a fool's errand, but it does start feeling to me like it's going in the direction of undermining Yomotsuka's "can do no wrong" status :P Big focus last chapter on how shit she is at dodgeball, losing Toudou to Hanei, that whole arc with the vicepresident perhaps realizing she shouldn't just uncritically listen to her, and that rivalry with Banryuu which now turns out isn't a rivalry at all because Banryuu doesn't actually give a shit about winning anymore.

I know last chapter set up that whole Yanagi comeback after oversleeping but it still feels like the end result should be Yomotsuka's team actually losing the match (after some stupid antics in the meantime no doubt). And I have the impression that Ruruka licking Toudou's legs thing is too funny for this author not to let it happen.

But well, in this manga all bets are off so who knows :P

last edited at May 27, 2024 3:08PM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I'm somehow bouncing from all works of this author so far and by the chapter 2 I'm already kinda feeling this happening again, but I'm not sure I could rationally explain why it doesn't appeal to me, there's just something really weird about these stories I suppose?

last edited at May 19, 2024 2:05PM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I'm very, very much hoping that with how intensely Sakura blushed at the end that whatever it is that she's written before was about Takamine. I'm 99% certain that it wasn't and she's just generally really shy about it because who wouldn't be, but just think how much more amusing that'd be.

I dunno, that blush at the end was really something, actually surprised me how intense it was... and it was right at the end of the chapter so surely that's at least somewhat important :P I'd give it at least 50% chance.

last edited at May 12, 2024 1:08PM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

She is so fucking stupid in such a unique way. Who the hell interprets it like that LOL

On the contrary, this might be the smartest thing Minami has done so far, just take it as a win and roll with it :P

last edited at May 10, 2024 1:28PM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Turns out things can get actually funny if you aren't constrained by purposefully hiding the perspective of one of the characters for like 15 chapters (yes I'm still perplexed by that). I think this chapter was my favourite one yet, it was basically like a good joke with a proper setup and payoff :P

EDIT: by the way I went a bit back and chapter 19 has duplicated pages now, page 16 in there is a copy of page 15 instead of whatever was there before (and there clearly is a page missing before the next one :P)

last edited at May 9, 2024 3:51AM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Let's be honest, even if she knew how to cure it, she wouldn't

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I guess the fact that this bitchy colleague of yours is starting to respect you because you can make stuff explode by crying is supposed to mean something? I can kinda see that this is the same author as "The Guy She Was interested in", it's also hard to follow but this is another level of incomprehensible :P

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

And here I thought that the wishful thinking segment at the start was already pretty stupid

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Yes, Diana is such a sweetie that most of us don't want her to end up alone, and there isn't a fourth girl to pair her up with. (There is the cat girl, but they haven't interacted almost at all.)

It's a cat boy though (unless I missed another cat person somewhere? :P)

EDIT: and actually rereading his first appearance, he apparently has "fox ears" so he's neither cat, nor girl :P

last edited at Apr 29, 2024 11:35AM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Well I thought we'd get more of the sister in this chapter especially after that first colored page, so that kinda took me by surprise

last edited at Apr 12, 2024 9:41AM

b58
Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I like the "love vision" in this chapter, used to a great effect... also I'm somewhat surprised Xiaoen is actually a bit afraid of Sixi, it didn't really seem like that so far lmao

last edited at Apr 9, 2024 3:09PM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Very cathartic chapter. "Power couple" is the only way to describe them. :-)

Also, I no longer think that the Witch is future!Elsa. She has shown her face to Evie and she didn't recognize her, so it must be someone else. My bet is on Olivia, based solely on the shape of her hair (even if the color doesn't match).

We were shown her face too :P
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/please_bully_me_miss_villainess_ch61#6

b58
Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I know this was like, the least important part of a very emotional chapter, but I fucking died from laughter at Sixi, yeah who's encouraging these romantics, says the girl that came up with this stupid billboard lmao

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Crescent Moon and Doughnuts was a lowkey romance between two asexual women, and Trying Out Marriage With My Female Friend was mostly platonic love between two female friends. Let's see if it could get more steamy this time :))

The cover already looks like it to be fair...

Also, it feels very weird now to read an Usui Shio story that's not about adults but I'm sure there were some before :P

last edited at Mar 18, 2024 8:44AM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

rip ankle

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I...Did Evie literally just forget that she went back in time to find a way to stop the monster invasion?

I almost did too

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

"It's almost like a dream!"

Smash cut to Hinoka waking up in bed

This seems so obvious and would be the funniest thing ever that I will actually be disappointed if the next chapter doesn't start like that

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I cant believe this place is more moderate in discussions about the various yuri elements in this manga than fucking mangadex.

I do like this place a bit more than mangadex when it comes to discussions, I dunno if it's just about that slightly oldschool forum feel, Mangadex comments feel to me more like just a comment section (even though technically there isn't really a distinction is it). I'll ignore the rest of your comment :P

I do wish we got more time with the main couple. They don't even appear in most of these chapters now.

I dunno, I feel like we had plenty appearances of Mashiro and Nagisa even after the deal was done, in fact chapter 38, so literally the previous one, was largely about them :P I feel like the author managed to strike a nice balance (maybe only sliiiightly dragging out things sometimes but I don't dislike it).

last edited at Mar 1, 2024 5:10PM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I really like this direction, it's very interesting (even though the Rubeus thing did develop unusually fast), but I also feel I'm losing the plot a bit - why did Vino-kun even speak in code words to Lapis about Diana fighting some random commoner as if it's all according to their plan? I thought if anything, they're scheming with some nobles or whatever :P And if it's not some kind of spark to begin the evil scheme or purge or whatever the fuck is she even planning at this point, why didn't the servant simply say that Diana is stirring some shit up and you should take a look (not like that's a secret at this point, they're clearly making a public scene?) It's extremely minor but just doesn't seem to make any sense to me.

... but I guess it may be explained in later chapters?

last edited at Feb 29, 2024 2:27PM

b58
Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

This was like 2 bait-and-switches in one chapter and both worked well, this didn't go like I thought it would at all :P

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I know better than to get excited for what comes next, and I think you all should too, considering this story's track record :P

last edited at Feb 23, 2024 5:12AM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I thought this was a little bit deranged but then I read the translator's note and it only makes me more worried to be quite honest lmao

... but I'll try to keep my mind as open as I am able to

last edited at Feb 19, 2024 7:39AM