Forum › Posts by JGChaves

JGChaves
Anime season 31 May 21:37
joined Jun 3, 2020

2.5 Dimensional Seduction also has an actual lesbian couple among the supporting characters, but they didn't get an arc focused on them until very recently in the manga (as in, the arc ended literally last week), so it's obviously not going to be in the anime, even if it's already confirmed to be 24 episodes long.

On the other hand, it's shockingly easy to ship the girls together even though this is a harem title. There were times while I was reading the manga where I seriously started to think the MC was a bait and the main female lead was the real harem protagonist all along, because she has a very harem-esque power of making everyone love her. And she manages to be even more blatantly bi than Marin from the similar title Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru.

last edited at May 31, 2024 9:39PM

joined Jun 3, 2020

There is still a chance they are simply changing the order of events and will come back to the stuff they skipped later on.

Though even if they do this, it will probably be only at the end. Next episode will cover chapter 25, and the bet happens right after. It would be weird to have Himari and Yori go on a happy date between that and the festival since Yori is meant to be super worried during that time. So it would have to be after that.

Also, assuming the last 4 episodes don't slow down or go back to adapt the skipped stuff and keep adapting half a volume each, the anime would end... in chapter 34. Which would be an awkward cutting point to say the least.

joined Jun 3, 2020

Shiho has made an early debut in the anime, and I've got to say, my god, her voice is much cuter than I expected! If I didn't know better I would say they picked her VA based entirely on Chapter 47.5.

joined Jun 3, 2020

So glad this wasn't dragged on more than necessary. I was afraid it would go the annoying route of keeping Diana from talking with Natori so she would remain a pawn for the villain, but nope. They talk things through at first opportunity.

Now it's a matter of preventing Lapis from reverting back to her villainous ways to separate Diana and Natori.

last edited at Apr 20, 2024 4:15PM

joined Jun 3, 2020

Episode 2 is out and Volume 1 has been fully adapted. Does this means every episode will adapt half a volume and the anime will end at Volume 6? Not necessarily.

Remember that Chapter 2 was Chapter 1, but from Yori's POV. Since the anime can freely switch the point of view, it adapted the two chapters together, which took less time than the amount of pages suggests. So I don't think we should conclude already that every volume will only take 2 episodes to be adapted. And personally, I don't want to see them trying to do that, not only because of the usual concerns about rushing the plot, but also because doing so may mean we will have less time to see them performing.

Also, I just noticed the festival mini-arc doesn't even end in Volume 6, it ends in the first chapter of Volume 7. More pages to rush through!

My current guess is that the anime will cover the first 5 volumes and finish at the start of the sixth, after the bet is made. People here already pointed out that there is no good stopping point since Shiho's arc is so long. So if there is no "things have ended for now" moment we could go for a "things are heating up" moment to build hype for the manga and a possible season 2.

last edited at Apr 20, 2024 11:54PM

joined Jun 3, 2020

Going back to the discussion about how much the anime is adapting for a minute, the opening (which played as the ending for the first episode) more or less confirmed we are at least reaching Volume 4.

joined Jun 3, 2020

I just discovered this series, or rather the original novel, has a PV with voice acting. And the VAs are... Ayumu and Yuu from Nijigasaki?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrZzzvziWkw

But how... I mean... this is cool but, disturbing but, sexy but... too much to be a coincidence... why would anyone...

Someone tell me how to feel about this!

joined Jun 3, 2020

Do we know until what part the anime will cover?

No, but I believe we will arrive at Shiho's introduction at the very least, because of the order of announced VAs. First they announced who would be voicing Himari and Yori, obviously enough, and after that came the SS Girls and Shiho.

https://myanimelist.net/news/68834561

By my own experience, VAs are usually revealed by order of relevance, so it would be very weird for the staff to reveal who voices Shiho so early if she is only going to be in a short flashback. So I'm pretty sure we will at least get to see her in the flesh.

joined Jun 3, 2020

Episode 11 dropped and aside from, again, some questionable pacing and presentation issues, I thought it was fantastic.
Although, I either watched a bad translation of they changed the context of Lord Enorme's lolification slightly but notably.

In the manga, Utena transformed her to better match her appearance with the character that Enorme had just proven herself to be; a shallow one-note villain who's unrealistically clinging to childish and vague goals like "world domination" because she's just THAT childish and immature as a person.

The anime I watched just said Utena just did it because it would be easier to bully her... Which, honestly, kinda robs the whole event of it's point. It's meta-commentary of villains like her in general pop-culture, wrapped in character development for both her and Utena, progression of the plot and cementation of the greater tone and point of the series' essence; Utena is a Big Bad who exists to facilitate Magical Girls, playing the bad guy and doing "bad" and taboo things exclusively because it brings out the best in everyone around her.

Unless the translation team did a fucky-wucky, I'm not sure how I feel about the change.

? Slightly different wording from the translation team aside, the explanation was the same in both versions.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/looking_up_to_magical_girls_ch20#12

joined Jun 3, 2020

Well, episode 10 certainly was exciting. I really hope the show does well enough to earn a second season, maybe even with more polished animation.

I wonder how many episodes are left... if it's 12 total, then we probably have Leo's fight and the start of Baiser's in 11, then the final battle and some aftercare in 12? Or maybe fit the entire fight in 11 and finish on the beach episode for 12 so Azul can get some closure? Either way they'll have to squeeze in a scene with Vena and Sister scheming to set up season 2.

...gonna reread these chapters to refresh my memory ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

MyAnimeList says 13. My guess is that they will either adapt three chapters in episode 11 OR skip chapter 22 (which could be adapted later if we get season 2), then end the anime with the beach episode.

joined Jun 3, 2020

Did they just got a mutha fliping, Finfunnel, Gundam Girl!?

Yes, we did. I call her Turn X-chan.

joined Jun 3, 2020

As always, nothing heals mental scars like the sight of a cute little baby.

joined Jun 3, 2020

Good News, the anime is pulling some good number in pre-sales. One of the BDs even passed the 1k mark. If it keeps the momentum it may become one of the best-selling anime of the season.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/s?k=%E9%88%B4%E6%9C%A8+%E7%90%86%E4%BA%BA&i=dvd&language=en&ref=dp_byline_sr_dvd_1

joined Jun 3, 2020

You know what a good adaptation is? One that not only adapts the source material, but also expands it, adding new stuff to enhance the experience. That's what the MahoAko anime is doing in its third episode, adding important stuff that we couldn't know by just reading the manga. Yes, I'm talking about the revelation that Kiwi has inverted nipples! Praise the animators!

joined Jun 3, 2020

Did the author just call Fuuko by the nickname of the first Gundam? Wow.

JGChaves
joined Jun 3, 2020
Fr0zennnnnnet-1721169654092316733-img1

^ Yeah, about that, the director doesn't seem to have a lot of interpretation for them
https://www.zeonic-republic.net/?page_id=11142

joined Jun 3, 2020

Has someone seen this article already. It's mostly about Bandai's dumb decision, but it also points out something interesting about Suletta's fingers in the epilogue.

https://kotaku.com/gundam-witch-from-mercury-characters-lesbian-anime-1850707971

joined Jun 3, 2020

I prefer the zettai ryōiki technique most.

Zettai ryōiki is a superpower??????
WTF?!?

Do they mean it in the same way people jokingly claim that "big boobs" is the Most Common Superpower?

they probably mean it closer to its original use in evangelion as an absolute territory defense field

Actually, the AT-Field from Evangelion stands for Absolute Terror Field. No idea where Absolute Territory came from.

joined Jun 3, 2020

I think it's because of the cultural difference, but in our country, no one hates Shiho like this. Everyone wants Shiho to be happy with Aki. So this chapter (43) is one of the most appreciated chapters in the whole series

Yeah I've tried to discuss that reality before but to middling effect. Yeah they're very popular. There's a reason they've had the focus for so long.

Time to give Twilight and Fifty Shades the literature nobel price then, given how popular and successful those were.

No one said anything about giving any prizes to this manga. All they did was make comment about the popularity of the characters.

JGChaves
joined Jun 3, 2020
Wokutoamagi-1670054552471732227-img1

The issue is that, if Bandai greenlights any sequel, it will probably be for the prospect of selling more Gunpla... Don't know how many of you are aware, but Aerial sold like cupcakes. So they would probably ask to put mechas in it somehow

last edited at Jul 8, 2023 1:03AM

joined Jun 3, 2020

At this point, Azul and Baiser aren't even trying to pretend those aren't S&M not-so-secret meetings. There is no difference anymore between "I wanna fight Azul" and "I wanna go on a date with Azul".

JGChaves
Anime season 22 Mar 13:32
joined Jun 3, 2020

And here is the final plot twist of Magical Revolution: Anis and Euphie become adopted sisters. Now on top of everything MagiRevo already did, it's also the Isekai version of Citrus.

joined Jun 3, 2020

It's because Japanese culture is built on top of collectivism, a belief anyone who is part of any group has joint responsability to ensure it remains well and harmonious. And this "group" can be anything, from your class at school to your club to your entire country.
So what does this means for the situation of this manga? Well, Shiho disrupted the band's work for personal reasons, and that's bad. On the flip side, her bandmates were part of the same group as her and thus were also responsible for keeping it harmonious. That means stopping Shiho from descending into negativity and disrupting their work was part of their jobs. They failed to prevent that, so they share some guilt. Thus Aki's reasoning: "If I had noticed Shiho was in love with me, I could have prevented her from leaving and we would still be happily playing in the same band. Since I didn't, it's my fault we are all feeling bad now".

joined Jun 3, 2020

Four volumes is average for a manga adaptation, but I guess it's possible to go into volume five before ending the season. As for the stopping point, well, Bloom Into You had no issues ending in the middle of an arc, remember?