Forum › Posts by OrangePekoe

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

The afterword is so funny. The setup of being super needy and having to wait was common in fanfics I read way back, but it’s so rare in doujins or even manga. Very cute scenario.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

The premise is actually super fun and the execution is sufficiently silly. Really cute oldie. Thanks marigold & Stan!

(The silly vibes seem to have been passed along to the comments too! - awesome)

joined Mar 20, 2013

rainbow8 posted:

disinterest in romance

Zumiko is the first of the group to (allegedly) have a boyfriend, since before the story started. (How this will be reconciled with Operation: Get The Hell Out Of Here has not come up.) (I'm not sure alleged boyfriend has been given a name; I forget if we ever saw her talking to him on the phone.)

That's true! But, it's weird. He's definitely alleged, but even on rereading a few days ago I didn't see any evidence of his existence. In that first convo about Ma-kun, she barely participates. She's completely off-panel for Nae's next story, and then shares this odd shot with Ibu-chan to close the scene. Then, she has a really funny exchange with forehead on the trip:

"Whoa, our tour guide's a total hottie!"
"He is?"

Then in the bath, she's the one who expresses doubt about love at first sight, and then totally disappears from the conversation! It's way too suspicious. I'm running with some alternative conspiracy here.

I realised I knew absolutely nothing about her...sorry, Makki. I'm sure you'll get the spotlight someday.

Yeah, she's been the least focused on of Umi's Seven. Apart from various background presence, she was in the play that Umi was kidnapped to in 13.2 (I think she was the justification for Umi being dragged off). And then she was REALLY enthusiastic about the Eisa play they saw in 17.1

...that's it. Or the only notable things in my notes, anyway.

She's really jealous of Nae's relationship...that's all I got!

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

I have this pic saved but I don't know what it's from. Not sure it's yuri but it's probably on the site. Help?

last edited at May 9, 2024 2:45PM

joined Mar 20, 2013

They're so dense. If Yuzu didn't run away there's no way they were gonna stop at just a cheek kiss!

joined Mar 20, 2013

rainbow8 posted:

Ooh! I recall speculation that Zumiko had been one of the bullies, but I don't recall anyone having spotted her before. Hard to be certain, since so many girls look similar especially in that hair color, but yeah "Here she comes" girl looks like a young Zumi. She doesn't directly taunt Shou, but is at least adjacent to the bullying.

(And the other bullies do keep similar hair styles across ages, though I think one grew a ponytail. So yeah, probably Zumi.)

I'm super confident it's her! There's some other hints she was less involved in the bullying, too. Umi reacts positively to the fish eyes story, so she probably wasn't badmouthing Shou. In Shou's flashback on that incident, the ch13 bullies are carrying out the act, with presumed-Zumiko standing back. In both sequences, the other girls all get dialogue and joyous expressions, while she's noticeably obscured aside from that initial line. She feels intentionally mysterious in a way the others don't. I'm really hopeful some of the disparate bits of her personality - wanting to leave, disinterest in romance, interest in Shou/Umi, former friend group - will come together at some point.

I've been waiting on some concrete Ibu development for 4 years! I guess true to her desires, she's just been kind of...static? I've become so used to her, I guess I stopped expecting anything at one point.

Yeah, she doesn't do much that we see, just lurks, tending to make scenes a bit worse. :p But lurks so often, vs. it taking me forever to be sure that the 7th girl even had a name (Makki).

I was so offended for Makki when your character summaries didn't have her named...and then I realised I knew absolutely nothing about her...sorry, Makki. I'm sure you'll get the spotlight someday.

joined Mar 20, 2013

rainbow8 posted:

Hmm, your three "dangling threads" links don't seem like they're dangling to me? Shou accepted Umi (first one), I'm not sure what's dangling with Zumiko (third), and as for the aquarium club (second)... Well the senpais almost all bailed, it's Shou and the third year who has to repeat, I guess we could get into recruiting members and whether Umi would feel jealousy for Shou getting new people in her life.

Oh, whoops. That should've been past tense, and "dangling" isn't really the right word either - threads tend to be teased long before they come to a head. As for my examples.

1. Shou's lack of self-worth, "Are you perhaps forcing yourself to be together with me" took 9 chapters to really bubble over with Shou's breakdown.

2. "Everyone started arguing and eventually stopped coming to the club..." was the setup for the sendoff chapter, two volumes later.

3. There are 2 here. Zumiko recounts the fish eyes story, which is the catalyst for this really sweet scene between Shou and Umi 3 chapters later. The thread is picked up again 3 chapters later when the bullies show up and it's revealed that Zumi was one of them. I feel like it'll come back around eventually, but I'm not too confident.

Possible threads like Ibu or Nae's feelings for Umi.

I've been waiting on some concrete Ibu development for 4 years! I guess true to her desires, she's just been kind of...static? I've become so used to her, I guess I stopped expecting anything at one point.

last edited at May 8, 2024 1:11PM

joined Mar 20, 2013

Geez, gosh, I so adore this series. I'm so thankful to Aoikani (and knight heron!) for keeping at it for so long. There's soo much care and intentionality to so much of the storytelling, this is one of the very rare series I can read and almost instantly feel peace. I was super excited to see the "Special Thanks" page grow so much with Volume 6, too. Maybe it's wrong to think this way, but this series just doesn't seem like it'd work in a serialized format. I'm really happy kani can keep going, writing the story they want to at a healthy pace, while being compensated for it and releasing the whole thing for free, too! All of it just feels like a great, big special achievement.

That said, I wonder where Volume 7 is heading? There's no shortage of threads that have been left dangling, but Shou's "Please don't tell anyone" is a bit too serious to be left alone, I think? Volume 5 was Shou communicating her problems and discovering Umi would be there for her no matter. Volume 6 is Shou starting to confront those problems - or maybe lucking into having them confronted. Does that mean Volume 7 is about her having to manage competing social desires (Umi vs friends?), or is it that she's thinking of Umi, here? Maybe it's something else - like a more concrete reason for Zumiko's ever-watchful eye around her.

I do really appreciate that most heavy scenes are followed up with something nice - the returned confession, the tickling, or that peaceful moment after Shou's breakdown. Maybe the next heavy scene will let them finally live out some of those topless fantasies they've been having?

Hot_Soup43 posted:

WOOOOOO BABY THATS WHAT IVE BEEN WAITIN FOR THATS WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT WOOOOO

Also I really enjoyed that post, it's how I feel with every update!

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

In recent years, many users have had difficulty with receiving email notifications from their Subscribed lists. As part of the significant server improvements this weekend, we've also instituted some possible fixes for this issue. If you have previously had issues receiving emails from your Subscribed lists but are receiving them now, please let us know!

If you are still having issues receiving emails from the site after May 5th, 0:00:00 UTC-0, please comment below with:

-Your email provider
-Date of last failed email delivery
-Date of last successful email delivery (if applicable)
-Tag/series in question (if known)

Thank you!

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Done, sorry for the delay. There's no particular reason to "why" except that the site is very old! May change in the future.

OrangePekoe Admin
Kobano discussion 04 May 22:23
joined Mar 20, 2013

Cruel joke of a feature :(

I recall finding Kobano's doujinshi at one point but suffice to say this artist had very ill-fated timing with Tsubomi dying, and hasn't been active in any recent times. Lovely works though!

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Mr. Zilla posted:

I have felt for a while there should be an option to load all the pages so you can scroll vertically, but I don't know how difficult that is to implement.

The "load all images at once" idea was previously discounted for performance reasons. That may change in the future. A separate "load as-needed" vertical viewing option is planned in the future.

Hoshimi99 posted:

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the thread for that, but could I request to swap page 017 from this doujin: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_keeper_of_the_stars#17

For this one:https://www.mediafire.com/file/6j4l5u4c7hw068s/017.png/file
?

I realized I made a huge mistake with the translation, and I really wish to get it fixed.
Thank you very much in advance!

This was taken care of!

colboh posted:

When uploading a single piece of fan art to Images, should the Link box lead directly to the full-sized version of the artwork, or just to the page containing the artwork?

Preferably the page itself, but if that's not plausible for whatever reason, a direct link to the image itself is fine too.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Happylemons posted:

i don't know if this is the right thread to ask but…

i’m having a hard time reading here lately. loading next pages is super slow, and sometimes even stuck on loading. even refreshing page multiple times does nothing. i’m using brave browser and my internet is not slow. any suggestions?

Hello! Yes, this is the place. There was a big server update today to address speed issues. There will be further improvements for chapters specifically taking place in the next ~72 hours. I'd love to hear back from you in a few days if things are still running sluggishly or if your times have improved!

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Dammit this chapter was such vibes but it said NOTHING! Ahh. It was really great to see the past again. I hope Koto takes it easy on poor Aya…

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Thank you for posting about this! Great to see they made it!

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Ahhh geez I quite enjoyed Girl Through the Viewfinder but there's no doubt it was a bit rough around the edges, often saying less than would reasonably be expected a story. This one is on another level, like Kabocha is really figuring it out.

I'm super sad to have started reading this while it's ongoing. I love love the blank panels with just, staring. That's gotta be the Kabocha Specialty. I love the harsh transitions. The imagery? Oh my gosh the imagery. The allusions. The theming. Gosh, it's so cool to read an Age Gap story that actually has something to say about age. A yuri series that actually has a plot and unique, developed characters. The moodiness is excellent too, and the payoffs being so cute help it rarely feel suffocating.

The volume writing is really intriguing, too. Volume 1 is really mysterious and unsettling. There are secrets, and suggestions, and deep character issues. I assumed surely, this is a tragic story where someone did a very bad thing they shouldn't have. Then Volume 2 happens and some of that lingers but little is explored further in favour of backstory and slow plot development. Now Volume 3 is setting its own pace, expanding the scope of the story and honing in on Koto and Aya's relationship troubles. I'm not sure what to make of this. I thought for sure after Volume 1 this would be a Mystery/Drama exploring the origin and fallout from Aya's disappearance. That "broke the triangle," after all. Apparently, the story has a lot more to say. I really hope it's able to before closing.

(P.S. My absolute fav part of this story is Aya's character. Hard to describe exactly. She's just a great realisation of the "perfect" fish out of water.)

OrangePekoe Admin
Missing images 13 Apr 00:42
joined Mar 20, 2013

Ah, this scared me! The first 8 were saved for private testing. The public number has always started at 9 for that reason, I believe.

joined Mar 20, 2013

Why did the author draw Kita's chest so flat, she looks like a femboy or trap

Please don't use the word "trap." Feel free to refer to the rules. Thanks.

joined Mar 20, 2013

(These were updated a few hours after your post but-)

Thank you! In the future you may post things like this in the Help thread if you'd like to be sure they're seen asap.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

This is godly. Blown away that it's their first doujinshi, it's so cute!

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

It’s funny the thread started with Bend it like Beckham. I was just shower thoughting a few days ago that a She’s the Man remake would surely have Viola/Olivia as endgame…that’d be good. Life would be better.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Dynasty-Scans's Editor's Guide discussion - Last updated 1 year 9 months ago
Dynasty Scans Twitter - Last updated 1 year 9 months ago. Twitter account has been inactive for over a year.
Scanlator Recruiting & Project Discussion V2 - Last updated 1 year 4 months ago
Dynasty Scans Charity Fundraiser 2022 - Last updated 1 year 2 months ago. Unlikely to be updated again. Donation page is closed and cannot be contributed to.

I'm thinking maybe some of these threads can be pruned to reduce clutter on the front page of the forum, and make more room for chapter discussions. And maybe the ones that don't get pruned could be bundled into a single "Dynasty Scans Administrivia" thread.

Yeah, I agree with that. Will drop the fundraiser for now, look forward to the others being dropped in the near future. Thanks for the suggestion!

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

hi, I was wondering how we delete our account or change our username? bc the current one I have is like. dead old lmao

Hi. There's no option to do it yourself, but I can handle that for you if you let me know what your preference is (i.e. delete your account, or change the username to something you'd prefer)

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Sorry if this isn't the place to ask, but how come you've removed your translations of I Scream and Happy I Scream from the site?

Hey. This wasn't actually the scanlation group's choice, Nekomura requested us (Dynasty Reader) to remove the titles directly, and we obliged her request. You can find the entire list of titles here.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Series Note

There was a bit of a mix-up with this series. By requests of the scanlators, updates beyond chapter 2 have been removed for the time being. Those chapters will return in the future, when some adjustments have been made to them. Thanks to all involved with the effort, and sorry for the trouble!

last edited at Jun 22, 2023 5:45PM