Forum › Normality and Monsters discussion

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

COOL GRANDMA! COOL GRANDMA!

GILF for sure

joined Jul 8, 2019

I must express my most energic repulse to the translator's work. I mean, telling someone off while wearing cool shades should have, for quasi-religious reasons, translated as "...deal with it." The inferior line used is unaceptable.
Tsk, tsk. Kids today.

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Sorry! My grandma's a bit unusual...

Do not apologize for excellence.

joined Apr 16, 2022

If you wanted another term to use instead of "suggestive", "on the nose" is a term that means "very obvious/lacking in subtext".

Good point! That probably would be more accurate than my translation, so you can imagine her saying that instead lol.

After last chapter, I'm not so sure that she's being honest when she says she doesn't like anything or find anything cute. After all, if she didn't like anything, why would she have come out of the desert and what was that shining light she was walking towards?

If nothing else, it seems pretty clear that Takahashi likes her school uniform, given her expression while talking about it. So yeah, I agree, she's not being fully honest there.

I must express my most energic repulse to the translator's work. I mean, telling someone off while wearing cool shades should have, for quasi-religious reasons, translated as "...deal with it." The inferior line used is unaceptable.
Tsk, tsk. Kids today.

You are 100% correct and I am ashamed at my own incompetence.

last edited at Apr 25, 2024 4:09PM

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I feel like granny is a monster hunter. Hijinks could ensue.

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

I feel like granny is a monster hunter. Hijinks could ensue.

"Gram, please don't kill my horrifying waifu! I love her!"
"But how else am I going to get new gear?"

Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

I believes in nothing, Itou-san! Nothing! And tomorrow we will come back to cut up the bones!

It's not yuri, but have you read BIBLIOMANIA?

Was that the one with bibliothermic warheads (one of the raddest terms I've ever seen constructed)?

last edited at Apr 25, 2024 10:41PM

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

Ok so m does anyone else finds this indescribably sad? Of course it's scary or gruesome, but at the end of the day what I think lies below the surface is some big fucking sadness

chaosOrchestrator
joined Jul 10, 2015

The autism hypothesis continues to gain support! The mechanism is unclear, but statistically, the data shows that autism can be hereditary.

Also, Granny is amazing??? She's embracing her weirdness and being her authentic self and I love that for her

CindertailtheKistune
Tumblr_830a85052a1b34481fa368bf50ca9fc5_de74d4e4_500
joined Oct 19, 2021

I love how they’re just having normal acoustic girl interactions but the art style makes it out to be so sinister and uncanny. Me too, girl, me too.

Exactly! Takahashi could reasonably be modelled off of the "I can socialize but it's calculated" while Itou would be the "socializing hard :(" type! Or you could shove them into more boxes based on their behaviour - Takahashi being reserved and hard to read while Itou is VERY expressive and easy to read, for another example - but they both read as very acoustic :D

I think this is called a "character foil."

Fjavttcwyaqbvef
joined Feb 3, 2023

So her granny is Doctor Kureha from One Piece? Love her already haha

last edited at Apr 26, 2024 4:15PM

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

I believes in nothing, Itou-san! Nothing! And tomorrow we will come back to cut up the bones!

It's not yuri, but have you read BIBLIOMANIA?

Was that the one with bibliothermic warheads (one of the raddest terms I've ever seen constructed)?

Yes it was and it is.

joined Oct 12, 2021

Very fun series so far, I'm excited to see more of it. Also, that's the most badass grandma I've ever seen in manga(not that I've seen many). Thank you for the translation!

joined Apr 26, 2024

I'm excited for the next chapter! Can't wait even if I have to been checking frequently to read Chapter 5. Continue the good work.

To reply you must either login or sign up.