Forum › Whispering You a Love Song discussion

G
joined Jan 12, 2021

Yep, EP3 was a disaster in comparison to the first two. EP2 also had a few hiccups but this one looked very awkward in multiple scenes, it was especially sad to me during the YoriHima scene at the rooftop near the end which is meant to be a sweet and emotional moment, but I was distracted by the animation.

I'm not sure if you all noticed, but there is a clear flaw during the SS Girls scene in the classroom; when Yori is distracted, her sleeves are long, but when she gets up and walks off, her sleeves are suddenly short on the next cut.

I was reading online that apparently the person behind the music segments is the same for all episodes, so those should stay similar to what we saw in EP1.

342713096_945190890232560_6363820535049258469_n
joined Mar 18, 2023

OK .I have just finished watching EP3. So EP3 covers up to which chapter?

last edited at Apr 30, 2024 1:34PM

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

OK .I have just finished watching EP3. So EP3 covers up to which chapter?

6, 7, and half way through 8. It's going as expected. About 2 chapters and change per episode. I figured we'd have the main four by about the midway-ish point, maybe episode 7. I just don't know when/how they'll end things.

last edited at Apr 30, 2024 2:03PM

Untitled-compressed
joined Jun 5, 2023

Before, I didn't understand why many people said this series was Yukino and Yui following the yuri route, but when I watched the ED, I understood. Even the studio misunderstood it (or intentionally drew like those two characters for PR purposes), so it's understandable that those who haven't seen this manga think so. Showing 2 pictures of Yori and Himari in the first 10 seconds of the ED to people who haven't seen this series, I'm sure everyone will say it's Yukino and Yui.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Before, I didn't understand why many people said this series was Yukino and Yui following the yuri route, but when I watched the ED, I understood. Even the studio misunderstood it (or intentionally drew like those two characters for PR purposes), so it's understandable that those who haven't seen this manga think so. Showing 2 pictures of Yori and Himari in the first 10 seconds of the ED to people who haven't seen this series, I'm sure everyone will say it's Yukino and Yui.

Who ?

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Who ?

Google suggests it's probably these two from "My Teen Romantic Comedy"

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Who ?

oh, het romcom. No wonder i had 0 clue.

joined Jun 3, 2020

Shiho has made an early debut in the anime, and I've got to say, my god, her voice is much cuter than I expected! If I didn't know better I would say they picked her VA based entirely on Chapter 47.5.

G
joined Jan 12, 2021

Shiho's voice threw me off, I thought it would be a little deeper, even somewhat like Yori's voice. It will take some getting used to for me. I was also a bit skeptical about Aki's voice at first but now it sounds "just like Aki" to me, if that makes sense. Also, I thought it was Mari at first when Shiho spoke in her scene, before appearing on the frame.

Momoka's voice suits her well though.

EP4 was much better animation-wise, only the scene where the SS Girls were playing was done... in a questinable way. Shiho also looked a little strange to me once she picked up her phone, but I can live with that. Also, I don't know if it was it just me, but the BGM felt a little too loud in the scene where YoriHima are at the rooftop near the start, and Himari almost says she "loves" Yori.

I actually forgot that Shiho appears this early, it was in the Vol.2 Extra. I thought she only made a physical appearance on Chapter 15.

Nq9nh0qj
joined Oct 25, 2023

Who ?

oh, het romcom. No wonder i had 0 clue.

Personalities are very similar though Yori is a nicer version of Yukino and Himari is a smarter version of Yui.

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

chapter 47.5

So, Shiho is the bottom? Lmao. She comes off as an almighty bitch but is pretty submissive when it comes to Aki. Pretty nice.

joined Sep 10, 2022

Shiho has made an early debut in the anime, and I've got to say, my god, her voice is much cuter than I expected! If I didn't know better I would say they picked her VA based entirely on Chapter 47.5.

She's more like a skittish/defensive kitten, so a "cutesy" voice seems to fit the intention.

last edited at May 5, 2024 1:40AM

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

I don't know why but the anime feels extremely rushed, also at this rate and considering shiho's early appearance we're gonna reach the battle of the band's arc rather quickly and that one reeeeally drags
Assuming it'll have 13 episodes it'll probably end rather abruptly and feel axed
Sadly I don't think there's really a fix to that, the only real breather is Himari s confession and adapting 15 chapters into a full season would definitely feel way too slow

As always shiho ruining everythin
Just kidding (not really)

last edited at May 5, 2024 3:22AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I don't know why but the anime feels extremely rushed, also at this rate and considering shiho's early appearance we're gonna reach the battle of the band's arc rather quickly and that one reeeeally drags

Wdym early appearance ? Shiho first physical appearance is the Vol.2 extras, which take place just after Ch.11, where the the episode ended. It's not like her appearance has been move earlier. And the anime is going for 1.5/2 chapters per episode which is a decent rate.

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

Assuming it'll have 13 episodes it'll probably end rather abruptly and feel axed
Sadly I don't think there's really a fix to that, the only real breather is Himari s confession and adapting 15 chapters into a full season would definitely feel way too slow

As always shiho ruining everythin
Just kidding (not really)

They've been steadily adapting 2.5 chapters (or half a volume) per episode. So YoriHima should become a couple for real by episode 6, and I believe this season's getting 12 episodes, so they may cheat a little and get to chapter 31 (the big damn YoriHima fireworks kiss) to finish off the anime. There will be no time to actually finish (Shiho's) band battle arc (chapter 44) unless they rush to the point of the adaptation becoming a gigantic train wreck.

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014
joined Sep 10, 2022

Wdym early appearance ? Shiho first physical appearance is the Vol.2 extras, which take place just after Ch.11, where the the episode ended. It's not like her appearance has been move earlier. And the anime is going for 1.5/2 chapters per episode which is a decent rate.

People forget how early Shiho was introduced in the story and how early she factored into things. I agree. It's not moving quickly--it's moving at the pace, I expected. Anything else and they'd be dragging things out. The only issue is the production values so far. And I'm still interested in how they choose to end the season.

last edited at May 5, 2024 9:18AM

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

They've been steadily adapting 2.5 chapters (or half a volume) per episode. So YoriHima should become a couple for real by episode 6, and I believe this season's getting 12 episodes, so they may cheat a little and get to chapter 31 (the big damn YoriHima fireworks kiss) to finish off the anime. There will be no time to actually finish (Shiho's) band battle arc (chapter 44) unless they rush to the point of the adaptation becoming a gigantic train wreck.

Yep just checked and you're all right, there it is shiho's introduction in volume 2 extras and they're indeed adapting 2 chapters and some change per episode, I guess since I followed the manga monthly from the very first chapter I thought that it was longer than it actually it is, Ups :P

But yeah the fireworks chapter is probably an ok point to leave the story, there's still a lot of things to resolve but the scene itself is a great climax for himari and yori

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

Is Aki taller than Shiho? The panels are inconsistent sometimes

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

The anime adaptation had the extreme misfortune to come out the same season as two other shows about girls making music, with considerably more resources put into them. Girls Band Cry really nails the band / band drama part, and Jellyfish Can't Swim in the Night seems to be delivering the yuri goods. This is… fine? so far, but without Eku-sensei's killer art, it feels unfortunately generic, especially when set next to those other shows (it doesn't help with me that Girls Band Cry is on track to be my anime of the year).

After watching Yuri is My Job, I kinda wish that Passione had gotten the nod to do this adaptation – they seems to understand yuri visual language pretty well (it's kinda weird how much this adaptation is borrowing from Sasaki & Miyano), they're good at adapting distinctive manga designs for anime, and their art and animation aren't flashy but look super good. About the best thing this adaptation has going for it is the voice acting, which has been very good throughout. And, I guess, they've done a pretty good job of capturing Aki's complexity – maybe it's just that this is like my third or fourth time through the story, but I feel like the anime does a good job of giving her a prominent role without stealing the focus from Himari or Yori.

G
joined Jan 12, 2021

Is Aki taller than Shiho? The panels are inconsistent sometimes

Yes, supposedly. Sometimes Shiho is almost as tall as Aki, but the height gap between them was bigger early on.

Another thing is how sometimes Aki and Miki are missing their moles, but you may not notice it when reading for the first time.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

The anime adaptation had the extreme misfortune to come out the same season as two other shows about girls making music, with considerably more resources put into them. Girls Band Cry really nails the band / band drama part, and Jellyfish Can't Swim in the Night seems to be delivering the yuri goods. This is… fine? so far, but without Eku-sensei's killer art, it feels unfortunately generic, especially when set next to those other shows (it doesn't help with me that Girls Band Cry is on track to be my anime of the year).

After watching Yuri is My Job, I kinda wish that Passione had gotten the nod to do this adaptation – they seems to understand yuri visual language pretty well (it's kinda weird how much this adaptation is borrowing from Sasaki & Miyano), they're good at adapting distinctive manga designs for anime, and their art and animation aren't flashy but look super good. About the best thing this adaptation has going for it is the voice acting, which has been very good throughout. And, I guess, they've done a pretty good job of capturing Aki's complexity – maybe it's just that this is like my third or fourth time through the story, but I feel like the anime does a good job of giving her a prominent role without stealing the focus from Himari or Yori.

Yeah I love this manga a ton, but sadly the anime genuinely feels lacking to me. I thought at least the music element would be brought to life in spectacular fashion with animation and sound, and while the VA work is solid the animation and direction is sadly greatly lacking. I was also thinking about how there's other music focused anime this season that I'm enjoying a lot more, series that feel like they have a lot more energy and dynamic flow. I wish I was enjoying Whispering's adaption as much, because again I do love the manga.

The only issue is the production values so far.

I deleted my previous response as I didn't want to sound too harsh on the anime, but yeah sadly the production values for the adaption leave so much to be desired.

last edited at May 6, 2024 4:50PM

joined Feb 11, 2022

much better animation-wise

Really? I didn't notice any remarkable improvement. I mean, this one was outsourced as well, so I wasn't expecting anything to begin with.

G
joined Jan 12, 2021

much better animation-wise

Really? I didn't notice any remarkable improvement. I mean, this one was outsourced as well, so I wasn't expecting anything to begin with.

I thought this one was similar to EP2, with EP1 being the one where they went all in so far in my opinion. In EP3, the characters look bad/strange to me in a lot of scenes, like when Miki is patting Himari in the classroom - when she turns slightly, her face and body look so unnatural...

In EP4, we've also got new characters. Momoka for example always looked great to me in every scene she appears in.

Also, a bit off-topic to EP4 but I don't mind those transitions they do, nor the aspect ratio changes.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Also, a bit off-topic to EP4 but I don't mind those transitions they do, nor the aspect ratio changes.

Well I'm glad they don't bother everyone, because they genuinely take me out of the show and I think they feel very awkward haha

To reply you must either login or sign up.